Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Course Reflection
I have been on a wonderful journey through this Web 2.0 course. Once I started I couldn't stop. I got more enthusiastic with each module and each new online tool that I learnt about. For me technology is my hobby. I love the potential that it has in education and in my personal life. I have created and used many blogs, wikis etc for my students. Therefore I am confident when it comes to online technologies. However, through completion of this course I have rekindled my love for online technologies and I know I will be using some of the new websites that I have learnt about in my classroom.
Please click here to see the comment that I made on a colleges blog.

ile@rn and blooms
Through the use of the ile@rn model in programing we are equipping students to enter the world of online technologies with the skills that they needs to use these tools effectively. For example- Knowing how to handle negative online situations instead of sheltering the students and pretending that they dont exist.
At our school we use blooms in our differentiated programs. I find that it keeps me motivated to come up with new and fresh ideas. I think the digital blooms would have the same impact on my technology program if I was to start using it. Through using blooms you know that you are catering for different learning styles and needs as well as challenging students to think in different ways.



Below some online stuff that I have developed in the past if you would like to check them out.....
  • My brother recently opened a new business and I built his company website
Click here- SHEV Constructions
  • My students have a myclasses page that they can play games, download files, listen to music, watch videos etc. If you are interested in exploring the Kindy Myclass please email me and I will send you the link and the user name/password. louise_tate@hotmail.com
  • For homework each week the students need to go online and look at the photos that have been taken at school during the week. They have to talk about these with their parents.




2 comments:

  1. Louise,
    I love reading your blog! You absolutely inspire me to try new things!!!
    Thank you!
    As Diane said on another post...you are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow! you are a super duper star. I loved reading your blog it has been very interesting, entertaining and insightful.

    ReplyDelete