Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Module 10- Wiki's

I have made many wikis in my time, but I always find them very touchy. The formatting goes weird, or something always seems to turn bad. I had a try again. And it was a little better, but for me I find it much easier to use Myclasses. I have created one for my kindy class and the students and parents love it. The parents like the username and password security and the children find it easy to navigate.

How can Web 2.0 assist in improving learning outcomes for all students?
In my opinion technology and Web 2.0 in the modern classroom is essential. Watch videos below




We are currently teaching generation Z, digital native. The dot.com generation.


If web 2.0 is used in the classroom learning outcomes will be improved through
  • Motivation (technology interests and motivates gen z)
  • Fun
  • Connect with the whole world
  • Hands on experience
  • Exploration
  • Visuals (videos, images, vlogs, podcasts all assist the visual learner)
What do parents thinks?






2 comments:

  1. Loved your inclusion of the "Pay Attention" clip. Best thing I have seen in the web course.
    Thanks

    Sharon

    ReplyDelete